Ami Lovers! This Could Be Fun?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's about people finding them and smiling.

That is truly beautiful. YOU are beautiful, to not think of yourself beyond putting the love out there. And look at what you have started, with all these gals donating in their own towns!

I am incredibly busy and also pathetically arthritic at the moment, but I pledge to make three babies and leave them out in the world in September.

That is truly beautiful. YOU are beautiful, to not think of yourself beyond putting the love out there. And look at what you have started, with all these gals donating in their own towns!

I am incredibly busy and also pathetically arthritic at the moment, but I pledge to make three babies and leave them out in the world in September.

Thank you!!!! I have a big box here. Some are going to the CPS office, some are going to be "dropped" and honestly there's two that are staying home with me. LOL A nice lady sent me a nice box of beautiful yarn all the way from Germany!!!!!!!!! That made my day. Ami's are so great because you can take a small amount of yarn and add a huge amount of love and hope and caring and make someone happy. Is there really anything better than that?

• 2 months later...

Has anyone done this at all? I've been putting crochet on the back burner even though it's rough. With moving, a ten year old, walking 6-8 miles [on a slow day!] and a new puppy how can I have time???? I'm so tired. I did manage to make my goal of 30 amis [actually I have a little more :cheer ] and I also made ten little purses to go with.

Now my husband thinks I can get 40 done for his job. I put a post in the charity section if you'd like to help. :hug

I hope others have done this too. It's kind of sad but fun. I get sad leaving them all by themselves LOL!

Does anyone make tons of ami stuff and then has too many [can you have too many???]

I was thinking that it would be fun to make some cute ami's and leave them around town. I was thinking I'd make some and leave them on the bus or at the bus stop or in the basket at the grocery store or in a shelf at the library! Wouldn't that be fun?! I think I'm going to do that with a little note saying that they can take them home but be sure to love them or give them to someone who will love them! I live in a very depressed area, violence, gangs...other illegal behaviour. I think it would be nice to leave a little surprise for people! Do you want to do it too? Even one little ami would brighten someone's day and that could set off a ripple effect. It's like that old commerical "I told two friends and they told two friends and so on and so on" I'm gonna do this!

This is such a thoughtful idea! I'm sure it would brighten someone's day to find a little guy sitting in the basket or on the bus bench. I will have to think about this. I have way too many and my kids try to snag them but lose interest after 2 or 3 days anyway.

P.S.- I am also in So. Cal. so if I ever find one, I know who it is from! :lol

This is such a thoughtful idea! I'm sure it would brighten someone's day to find a little guy sitting in the basket or on the bus bench. I will have to think about this. I have way too many and my kids try to snag them but lose interest after 2 or 3 days anyway.

P.S.- I am also in So. Cal. so if I ever find one, I know who it is from! :lol

Where in So Cal are you? If you don't mind me asking that is. I'm just outside Palm Springs.

Archived