Please help with charity afghans and other items

gail0483

Hi everyone! I've been a volunteer at a few nursing homes for several years now and recently started visiting a new one in my area. I have made afghans, placemats, slippers and socks, tissue covers, shawls and different things that some of the residents requested. When I started I had totes and totes of scrap yarn and threads and now I'm down to itty bitty balls of maybe 5 feet or less on them that fit into a small basket. I asked another member of how to go about asking for donations or anything to help and she suggested I post for charity help since that is what its for, not for myself.

I am seeking help for yarn(various weights), thread, or anything that would help me continue to make for those people who are in a nursing for a variety of reasons. Most of the things I can make out of yarn but some of the residents have skin conditions and need lighter or softer things. Any little bit would help. Most of the things I make are crochet and some are plastic canvas.

The nursing homes I'm currently voluteering at are:

W S Hundley Annex - Extended Care Facility

Bloom Eugene H Retirement Center

Greenfield Senior Living - Alzheimer's and Dementia Care

Emporia Manor Nursing Home Facility (140 residents)

If anyone can help, I am willing to pay for the items and shipping if needed. If you need more information please contact me. Thank you for reading. :hug

Hi

I recently sent over 100 sqaures to a forum member and the package has been returned for invalid address. I have tried to contact her several time with no response. if you would like them i would be happy to send them to you and I also have some misc yarn I could include. Please let me know if you are interested and I will get the package out on Monday/Tuesday.

Thanks

Linda:)

Hi

I recently sent over 100 sqaures to a forum member and the package has been returned for invalid address. I have tried to contact her several time with no response. if you would like them i would be happy to send them to you and I also have some misc yarn I could include. Please let me know if you are interested and I will get the package out on Monday/Tuesday.

Thanks

Linda:)

Thank you Linda! I have already sewed 2 blankets together and gave them to 2 ladies and they have been smiling ever since. I appreciate your kindness and hard work you put into making all those squares. God Bless You!

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to thank Allyson and Cindy for their generous donations. All projects are coming along well, those that are finished have wonderful homes. Thank you Ladies, for your help and support.

Archived