need help with thread crochet American Girl Lace dress pattern

ladyrose

hi ,

I am new to crochetville, There has been a new american girl doll summer lace dress pattern posted on various sites - has anyone tried this pattern? I dont know if it is just me - but the instrcutions do not seem too clear - especially in the way the top part of the dress is done - in 4?????? pieces???? Here is the link:

http://www.abc-knitting-patterns.com/1029.html

I appreciate any help you can give. If anyone has crocheted this dress perhaps you can rewrite the pattern to help me.

Also, It has been suggested that I do the bodice in one piece - of course - I am having trouble with that too. Does anyone know how I can convert a pattern written for sport yarn to a pattrrn that uses thread (#10).

Thanks !

The basic bodice is three pieces: front, left back and right back plus the collar and sleeve heads/edges which attach after the fronts and backs are made and sewn together. This is exactly the way a dress would be cut and sewn of cloth. The best place you could join the front and backs into one might be the shoulders but it could definitely be more trouble than it is worth, in my opinion. (It looks to me as though the pattern assumes a knowledge of how garments go together, which may or may not be the case with each crocheter.)

You would make the front bodice, make each individual back bodice and sew them at the shoulder and bodice side seams. It looks as though the designer wants you to make the skirt next. Then you would make the armbands, the back bodice button bands, which close the dress together on the bodice. The collar is crocheted onto the nearly finished bodice.

Now were you thinking this cute dress used sport yarn? Because this one calls for #10 thread. Or was it a different pattern you had in mind, ladyrose?

ok - Check out this link

This pattern for yarn works very well with sweaters, dresses, tops etc. The link also has a link for how to do the armholes

http://bellabambinaknits.blogspot.com/2007/04/spring-dress-for-american-girl-dolls.html

The top part (maybe rows 1-5 or so ) would give me the shape I need

This is the pattern I want to convert from yarn to #10 thread - but dont know how

Any suggestions?

Archived