Yarn question ????

I have a question and I am not sure where to post this. Has anyone washed Joann's sensations rainbow boucle in the washer and dried it in the dryer. I made this beautiful afghan for a benefit and was going to label it for care instructions when i realized it says hand wash and dry flat. This is a good sized afghan i don't think you could dry it flat. Its made out of 88% acrylic and 12% nylon. Maybe i should just not donate it. I don't know what to do. :shrug

I have several items i've made and washed and dryed in the dryer. never had a problem. Just dry it on gentle. I have a sweater in fact i accidently threw in with my jeans and it still came out ok.

You could always try washing and drying it yourself using the gentle cycle. If it comes out ok, you can just put those same washing instructions on it and go ahead and donate it. If it doesn't, you'll know and at least you won't have to worry about donating something that ends up getting ruined.

I haven't worked with that particular yarn, but almost all yarns/fabrics are fine as long as they don't get too hot. I've even done linnen in the wash and it's just fine. Make sure that it is dried on delicate, especially since some dryers get hotter than they should.

I have used it in three baby blankets and I just enclose a card with washing instructions that say:

Please care for me gentely wash me in warm soapy water on a delicate cycle and dry me on fluff until dry! Please don't over dry me!! I was made with love.

Archived