Crochetnit?

Guest NCAugeriFan

Question

3 answers to this question

Crochetnit is done on a thick crochet hook with a hook on both ends of the needle. You also use two strands of yarn as you go, switching back and forth between the strands. Run a google search (Mary Middleton's site is great), there are some free patterns and instructions on the web. I love how thick and lush it feels. I love it for baby booties because they are thick and no little toes are going to slip through, even though the hook is large. I guess I would compare the hook to about a size N, without actually measuring it.

There are other names for it as well, but they often use different size needles. I prefer the thick needle for the soft drape and feel of the stitches. The thinner hooks makes for a stiff hard "fabric."

I have Annie's Attic 101 Do9uble-Ended Hook Stitches. It is great.

Stitchinpick

I thought of one more thing to mention about crochetnit...the real crochetnit needle is plastic. I found it snaggy. I had to sand it a little with a fine sand paper to use it properly.

My husband has since copied it for me in black walnut...:)h I do so love that man! :hug I love using my smoooooth wooden version!

Stitchinpick

Archived