face for baby in blanket pattern

Don't know if this is in the right area, so please excuse me if I guessed wrong. My elderly neighbor makes this pattern of a crocheted baby doll attached to a blanket. She has only 5 of these faces let, and says she can't find them any longer (she hasn't bought any new ones since some time in the 80's) So, I told her I would post a pic here and see if the wonderful ladies of crochetville could help me out. The face is about 3 inches in length. She didn't remember where she purchased her supplies, so all I know is that it was in upstate New York. The pattern is worked over a Styrofoam ball and then the face is added and tightened. The rest of the body is crocheted and attached to the blanket that folds around the baby. Thanks for any assistance I don't know where to begin since I don't even know what to call this thing.

DSCN4571.jpg

Don't know if this is in the right area, so please excuse me if I guessed wrong. My elderly neighbor makes this pattern of a crocheted baby doll attached to a blanket. She has only 5 of these faces let, and says she can't find them any longer (she hasn't bought any new ones since some time in the 80's) So, I told her I would post a pic here and see if the wonderful ladies of crochetville could help me out. The face is about 3 inches in length. She didn't remember where she purchased her supplies, so all I know is that it was in upstate New York. The pattern is worked over a Styrofoam ball and then the face is added and tightened. The rest of the body is crocheted and attached to the blanket that folds around the baby. Thanks for any assistance I don't know where to begin since I don't even know what to call this thing.

DSCN4571.jpg

There are some here

http://www.bjcraftsupplies.com/dolls/

I did a search on hobby lobby's site, and was directed to some faces at crafts,inc but yes I found them. Thank you!

Archived