Veronica's Voice

Titus2woman

I don't see myself as a good organizer of such things, but still I wanted to share about an opportunity to give to an organization y'all might not have heard of. Veronica's Voice ( http://www.veronicasvoice.org/index.html ) is for women and girls caught in commercial sexual exploitation, and as I looked at their "How You Can Help" page I realized that crochet fits in there very nicely! Here's how:

1.) socks

2.) blankets

3.) gloves

4.) warm hats

5.) slippers

Just sharing a heads up on what looks like another worthy cause. I hope to maybe do some hats or slippers sometime.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Sandi, thanks for sharing this with us. Their statistics page is well worth reading. I think these people are providing a real service. Everyone who wants a new life deserves a hand up.

Sandi, I've got several other projects going, but I won't forget about this.

I heard a guy on the radio recently who was talking about people who just want to take advantage of you, and I realized that yeah, that is the way the world works sometimes. It's sad that so many of those women were abused from their early years. But we can be part of the solution when others are hurting.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived