Thank goodness for crochet !

I am in the middle of moving house, What with waiting for electricians trying to get all my stuff to the new house, deciding what to keep and what to throw out. Realising the fact that it is a good job we have a garage at the new house to store my wool. It is rather stressful.

When I find myself about to run screaming down the street I pick up my crochet hook and find myself crocheting at 100mph I managed 20 granny centres in an hour the other day I am glad I have my crochet to help keep me sane at the moment. If not I would have run screaming a long while ago.:hook

Oh my, I did the moving thing 2 years ago, after 25 years in the same house the "stuff" was incredible....it can be very stressful. Amazingly that is when you do your best crocheting...believe me it will all turn out for the best in the end..and with a new afghan for the new house..you're off to a great start!! Best wishes on your new house!!

Realising the fact that it is a good job we have a garage at the new house to store my wool. It is rather stressful.

:eek Personally, I wouldn't do that. You didn't say where you're moving, but down here it would be very difficult to seal it up well enough to keep critters and bugs out of it. Moth larva eat wool, for example. Rodents would love to nest in it. Maybe once you get over there you can find an inside place for it.....

:eek Personally, I wouldn't do that. You didn't say where you're moving, but down here it would be very difficult to seal it up well enough to keep critters and bugs out of it. Moth larva eat wool, for example. Rodents would love to nest in it. Maybe once you get over there you can find an inside place for it.....

OH gosh I never thought of that. We are getting the loft boarded out so might put it up there instead. One doesn`t want to put my hand into the wool stash and bring out some funky coloured wool to find it is a rat.

To top the stress levels up a bit I crashed my car last night:( No one was hurt thank God but my shoulder hurts this morning. I managed to crochet 8 squares while my fella told me how I was in the wrong and I shouldn`t have pulled out. I have one week to go before we move and I am sure this baby blanket will be done in time.

Thanks all for your replies. :hug

Archived