Anyone in North Wales?

kilikina

Yes, I think there's quite a few people originally, back somewhere, from Wales.. even me! :) Though, I think my family was around 500 years ago, or something. Who knows! Yet here I am.. a lone crocheter! :(

• 2 weeks later...

No not ususally as I'm near Oxford, UK BUT I come to N Wales in the kids holidays!

We were there in February and plan to come back in April, in the second week of the holidays, any good?

We stay in my mum-in-law's cottage in Rhyll but are mostly on the Conway side - walking!- as I used to live in DWYGYFYLCHI for 10 years in the 1980's!!!:clap

LET me know if you want to meet up?

One venue: Abakhan : any good? can go yarn shopping too!!!

Or Conway or LLandudno for coffee/tea?

You can check me out first on my blog at www.merrysusan.blogspot.com

:lol

Hi, Susannahk! :)

Absolutely. That would be so fun! :) Is Abakhan a yarn store - if so, I'd LOVE to go. I've only been over here for a few months, and I'm having severe yarn shopping withdrawals. I have to look at the joann's and hobby lobby websites just to feel whole! haha :D I work over in Betws y coed, so yeah, Conwy or Llandudno would be great! :)

Hi

I live in Rotherham, South Yorks (BTW I work in and around Wakefield & Leeds SophieUK) - but also often holiday in North Wales and have done since I was little.

We will be over in North Wales from 17 to 25 March - staying a bit nearer the border than usual, but a trip to Betws-y-coed would be easy enough (we are staying at Plas Uchaf, near Rhug on the A5). You are also more than welcome to visit us whilst we are there ... we are staying in a 14th century cottage with a large open hall and fireplace. I usually take enough wool for a month as I can never decide what to work on! I reckon an afghan might be a good idea this time though.

Actually, we like to stay nr Betws-y-coed at Rhiwddolion (head out of Betws towards Swallow Falls, B4 you get there turn up the mountain on the Forrestry Commission track to a parking spot, get out the car and hike to the remains of the old village where there are still a couple of cottages you can rent).

Are you going to Wonderwool Wales 26/27 April in Builth Wells??

Heidi

Archived