looking for a pattern for a crochet net bag

I have a crochet net bag that was made by my husbands aunt who is no longer with us. I love it and would love to make some of my own. It is small and compact but is a workhorse for carrying far more than you could think this seemingly fragile bag could. The bottom is worked in the round and the sides are a "netting" but I cannot figure out how she got the netting to hook together and look good. Does anyone have a pattern? I am looking online and have not found anything that is like what I have here. Thank you for your help.

The book "Instant Expert Crochet" has a pattern for a "Magic Shopping Bag" on pp 160-162 which I think sounds like what you describe (it is on my to do list). Perhaps you could check if your library has the book or look in a bookstore to see if it looks like what you are after...

I'd post a picture, but I don't have a scanner...

I think if you did something like I've seen around the edge of doilies where you do a round of, say chain 6, then on the next round chain 6 but join under the previous round's chain 6 loops with a sc... I'd also work in a spiral (not joining rounds with a sl st) so it builds up like an amigurumi rather than round and flat like a doily... if that makes sense?

Good luck!

Cheers,

Marika

I have made and liked this one: No Assembly Required Market Bag

I found these sites...maybe there is something that looks familar to you.

Beach Bag Crochet

Ohh La La Tote

Long Shopping Bag

Grocery Tote Bag

Crochet Grocery Bag Pattern

When you finished one, I'd love a picture! Hope you find what you are searching for!

Archived