What site is good for baby blankets?

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a pattern that is easy but will have a WOW factor in it.

A friend of mine is having a baby in June and I wanted to make a pretty white blanket for the baby's christening.

I like easy patterns but this one has to be very special. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:manyheart

This one has a wow factor that you would not believe., it is my favorite baby gift to give. It is a personalized baby blanket by Kim Guzman (crochetville member and teacher). It is a a small panel with the baby name on the middle, surounded by hearts.Every single time I have made one as a gift, people can not beleive it. You can make it any color you want, there are lot of possibilities with it. Yes it is a graphed afghan, but it is so simple. Kim provides excellant instructions, graphs, alphabet, and tutorial on her site. She has a picture gallery of peoples afghans to see. Or check out my pics, I have 6 or 7 of them one there.

http://www.crochetkim.com/patterns/perbaby.html

The baby blanket I make is easy, I've never had anyone not love it, and it makes a perfectly square blanket. Let me see if I can write this pattern down here for you now, as I've never really used one. LOL.

Pattern

This is not worked in rows, but in Squares. If I don't describe this well, please let me know.

Ch 6. DC in 4th, 5th and 6th ch from needle. {This is a square (sq)}. Sq 1 made.

Ch 6. DC in 4th, 5th and 6th ch from needle. Turn sq and join with a sl stitch in post between ch 3 and 1st dc of prev sq. Ch 3 and 3 dc in that post space.

Ch 6. DC in 4th, 5th and 6th ch from needle. Turn sq and join with a sl stitch in post between ch 3 and 1st dc of prev sq. Ch 3 and 3 dc in that post space. Join with a sl stitch in post between ch 3 and 1st dc of next sq. Ch 3 and 3 dc in that post space.

Ch 6. DC in 4th, 5th and 6th ch from needle. Turn sq and join with a sl stitch in post between ch 3 and 1st dc of prev sq. Ch 3 and 3 dc in that post space. Join with a sl stitch in post between ch 3 and 1st dc of next sq. Ch 3 and 3 dc in that post space. Join with a sl stitch in post between ch 3 and 1st dc of next sq. Ch 3 and 3 dc in that post space.

Continue in this pattern until you have 39 squares across (or as many as you feel are needed for your baby blanket...I like mine kinda big). Once you have the size you like, it's time to go down. :)

Turn and do a sl st in next 2 st's and ch 3 sp. Ch 3, 3 dc in post sp. Join with a sl st in next post sp. Ch 3, 3 dc in post sp. Continue across to the final sq in that row. (When you get to the last sq in this row...DO NOT ch 3. Join with a sl st, and turn. Sl st in next 3 dc's, and sl st in post sp.

Continue to decrease until you have a sq blanket. If you have questions, or I've not been clear...please let me know...and I'll fix whatever I said incorrectly. :)

You can put any kind of border around the blanket you want. I usually just go with a sc st around 1 time, and then a shell st around that.

Blessed Be.

Archived