blog on my website

Woven N Spun

Ok...I am trying to figure out how to my my blog to my website. Is that possible? Blogger and I are going round and round and most of the time I can't log in anymore.

So...I know it's possible (I think :D) , but how do I put my blog directly on my website

Thanks for the help.

Yes, you can put you blog on your own site. I did (www.inktobark.net). You need to have your own webhost/url and everything. I just use yahoo geocities. Actually I just noticed you have your own website already so you've got that covered hehe.

On your dashboard click on "change settings" then on "publishing" on the top. On that page it should say "switch to FTP." Click on that and then plug in your info.

For me my info looks something like:

FTP Server: ftp.inktobark.net

Blog Url: www.inktobark.net/index.html

Blog Filename index.html

And then my webhost screen name and password. Hope that helps. :)

Thanks...I think I understand this now.

Here's another question for you that may seem obvious....once I move my blog to my own website, I do all the editing and stuff from there right? I don't have to go to blogger to do it anymore? My whole reason for wanting to move it over is that I can't seem to log in most days and it's become a frustrating pain.

If this isn't the case, is there a template or something to use in order to blog on my website?

Here's another question for you that may seem obvious....once I move my blog to my own website, I do all the editing and stuff from there right? I don't have to go to blogger to do it anymore?
You still have to do your ediging and stuff in Blogger. You'll just be publishing to a different place--your web site instead of blogspot.

If this isn't the case, is there a template or something to use in order to blog on my website?
Your template will be the same as whatever you were using for your blogspot blog unless you choose to change it.

uuggg. Thanks Donna. So...there's no way around blogger eh? I really have a hard time logging into it most of the time. Like the way it archives and stuff. Guess I will just have to journal on my website somehow instead. WAH

Archived