Pattern trouble, but then EUREKA!!!

Hello everyone out there!!

Well, I just had to share something, but it is probably just something that I was the only one that didn't know about it to begin with...here it is.

I bought the crochet pattern book, Cool Cover-ups to Crochet. This is a pattern book with only about 4 patterns of ponchos for little girls. I decided to make what appeared to be an easy enough pattern for me. It is called "Granny's Girl." And it resembles the Martha Stewart Coming Home poncho, but with TC red heart yarn and it was made with the color name of "Giggles" which is a very colorful pastel color.

Okay, I went to my LYS but couldn't find that color (of course!). Finally found a color I liked. It is Red Heart Bon Bon, it is pretty with blues and pinks. (Well actually I started with another color and yarn, Bernat Purple Camou, but it just wasn't looking right for this poncho!) I had problems with the first yarn I was using, well with the pattern actually, the count was off, either me or the pattern,(I had too many shells basically, in the wrong places), so I thought I would just stop and start over more carefully with the new yarn...

Okay, after carefully studying this, I just really felt the pattern was off, not me of course- not me!!! (I have it figured out though now, and I just decided to make it like the Martha Stewart coming home pattern was made...)

Okay, finally the point!!! I wanted to check, yes of course after the fact, the website and see if there were corrections I should note. I went to the leisure arts website, then looked up the pattern corrections, which is really on the lionbrand website. I couldn't find my particular pattern or book, so I went for it and typed in "all" and find (although it warns against it), then WOW!!! I found tons of pattern corrections for tons of great patterns!!!

I am a glutton for punishment I know, but I had to save alot of new(for me) free patterns!! hopefully with the right corrections!! just wanted to share, but it is probably just that I am the last to know!!!

Why or why are there so many patterns that need to be corrected to begin with. Maybe it is just me, but everytime I try to follow a pattern, something seems wrong with it, or maybe it is just my own hard headedness that makes me think there must be an easier way to do this!!!

someone help me!!!!!!!!:lol

Archived