Want to help? Yellow Ribbon Hats

Sahmlock

I decided to start up a collection of -- Yellow "Ribbon" hats-- for the babies of our troops! Yep, I cranked one out already.. and I intend to spark an interest in others to join my efforts!!! It's a basic rolled brim baby hat done in Caron Simply Soft yellow (of course) and it has a knotted top. (which is what made me think of the yellow ribbons for the troops)

My sister helped me with a poem for a flyer:

We're making these hats

to remind us that

Our troops need our LOVE

and protection from above

Guide them safely

whereever they may roam

and we look forward to

the day they come home.

I am hoping to get this off the ground... and to be able to donate a few hundred hats or more..... My intention is to make this similar to the Prayer Shawl Ministries where we are stitching in "love" to these babies and their families... just to let them know that they are not forgotten and that they are appreciated... a simple gesture of kindness for their incredible acts of love!

~~~~~~~~~~I have posted the pattern on my blog.... started a blog devoted entirely to this: http://yellowribbonhats.blogspot.com and if you would like to send finished hats... or yarn to make hats... etc... drop me a comment w/ your email... and I'll get my addy to you... thanks in advance.....~~~~~~~~

Archived