A type of weaving maybe?

I was wondering if anyone could help me...about 6 yrs ago I saw my sister-in-law's mother- in-law doing what looked like weaving on cloth. She had a blanket sized piece of white cloth that had little tiny boxes and she would take a needle and weave yarn through it making very pretty designs. Has anyone else ever seen this or know what it is called, I was thinking about trying it if I could figure out exactly how to do it. I can't ask the lady because I am separated from my husband and live in another state....Thanks.

Sounds like Monk's Cloth. If I remember correctly, there was a book of designs for weaving into Monk's Cloth not too long ago. Maybe somebody will know what website that was on :-)

Monk's Cloth does come in colors, too.

Sounds like Monk's Cloth. If I remember correctly, there was a book of designs for weaving into Monk's Cloth not too long ago. Maybe somebody will know what website that was on :-)

Monk's Cloth does come in colors, too.

Thank you very much. I typed in monks cloth weaving and it brought me to what I wanted. Its called Huck weaving....again thanks!!!!:yay

I think this is called Swedish Weaving. I also remember as a child, I made a border on a huck cloth towel using this type of weaving. Recently someone I know made a tablecloth using this type of weaving. I guess she used monk cloth. It came out lovely.

Archived