What should I crochet next?

Hi :)

I'm kinda new also....

just picked up the crochet hook in NOV this year after many years not doing anything.

I just finished a poncho for a friend. I made a pink with white borders, granny square hat and the niece ended up with it yesterday.

I am now working on a afghan .....well it may end up being a poncho..not really sure yet.....but the one after this project will definitely be a afghan.

And I have to learn how to make some socks, but those will be knitted.

So.......are you wanting to make something for yourself ?

Or to have on hand for a gift maybe.

Any certain colors you like ?

Okay, well, if you're a newbie, than how about a shawl? Still flat (so no crocheting in the round), but you'll get to practice your increases and decreases.

If you feel like tackling crocheting in the round, how about a purse or tote?

Of course, I'm just liking those myself right now, so consider those suggestions as a bit biased. :P:crocheting Patty

:thinkYou guys are great! Lots of ideas. I think I want to make an afghan for my 16 month old. He loves Elmo, so I am on the look out for a pattern. I saw a few that say they are graphs and I have to count?

Have any of you done those? And if yes, is it easy?

I want to know before I buy the pattern.

thanks

:hook; Shrugs are short jackets made with a rectangle folded in half, with sleeves and a collar added to the sides and ends. They are really easy, mostly dc's and ch, and can be whipped up in a couple of days. yay

One of my new students made one for her very first project.:cheer It was fantastic.

If you need a pattern I can give you a generic one.::hook

Hats are also great projects. They can be done quickly and it makes you feel like you accomplished something.

Plus, hats can be donated to many charities and it makes you feel good, knowing someone is keeping warm because of what you made.

I'm on hat #6 because of my knee surgery last Tuesday. I wonder how many I will complete by the time I need to go back to work.

:manyheart

Archived