The state of Amigurumi addiction

What is the state of the Amigurumi Addiction?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What is the state of the Amigurumi Addiction?

• Yes, yes, yes! Keep 'em coming! I love every one of them
    • Well, I guess a few more wouldn't hurt
    • Please, been there; done that - time to move on
    • No, no, no! If I Never see another one it will be 50 years too soon

I've often wondered when I see all the topic headings that we have here at the Ville why there is not one just for the Ami's. There are so many postings I think they deserve their own spot. Just my opinion of course. I have only ever made one and it did not turn out right,I might try again someday but I have too much on my plate right now. :D

Gee that would be good if they all had to be there. :rofl

• 1 month later...

I don't really care if a crocheted toy/animal is categorized as amigurumi or not, if it's cute I'll like it! If it has a free pattern that is easy to follow and easy to make, even better! :hook I am a college student with not a lot of free time, and POOR! I need more cute crocheted amis/toy/animal to make for my friends and family's birthdays and Xmas presents! :yes

i love to make ammie-goo-roo-miis! it's funny, i've never dreamed of starting a thread about "yet ANOTHER ripple!" and saying that i've had enough of hearing about them. it's ok to not like something, but please respect the fact that some of us really like to post about our amis and we don't need to be segregated away from the rest. this is just my opinion about some of the more negative posts in this thread.

I love making crocheted toys, whether they are termed amigurumi or not. They are one of those instant gratification projects where it takes a couple of hours and then poof, you are done.

I don't understand why anyone would hate homemade toys...I mean, I can understand not wanting to make them, but some of the posts on this thread make it sound like people are tired of others sharing their stuffed creations. There are certain topics I don't look at because they don't interest me, but I don't begrudge others from posting about it.

There are some really great patterns out there and there are some really not great patterns out there. Amigurumi or crocheted stuffed toys are no different then any other type of crocheted item in that regard. And I have seen plenty of ugly afghans in some of the crocheted books I have looked at.

People should crochet what they love. As for me, keep those extra cute furry animal patterns coming. My whole family just loves them.

• 2 months later...

Archived