Hillcreek, Columbia MO

magiccrochetfan

Hillcreek Yarn Shop is worth a visit if you are in the area. The staff are very nice and welcoming. Seems very crochet-friendly.

they have quite a few crochet books and carry Interweave Crochet and one other mag (am not sure now if it is Crochet or Crochet Today). They have some Leisure Arts and similar leaflets, like 99 Snowflakes. I have been in there 3 or 4 times this year, and they always have some magazines or books on sale. They do have back issues of magazines.

They have a lot of knitted shawls and sweaters displayed to show off the yarn, and they had the crochet Boteh scarf displayed--it was in a gorgeous variegated hand dyed locally produced alpaca. They didn't have the variegated in stock anymore, but the solid color alpaca is silky and beautiful. They have other alpaca yarns as well. they have so many different kinds of yarn I can't begin to list them all. I noticed Wendy from Great Britain, a very very soft acrylic/nylon in great colors, inspiring to make kids clothes with. They seem to always have a rack or two of yarn on sale.

they carry spinning and weaving supplies so it definitely is not just a knitting store---more of a fiber haven:hook They have Addi hooks, from B to S as I recall. They have a lot of notions, and I just realized they have coilless safety pins, which i have been wanting to get, but I was in such a yarn daze I forgot to pick any up...oh well.

They do have a website http://www.hillcreekyarnshoppe.com/index.html but it doesn't really convey how nice the store is and all the lovely yarn.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived