Aggie's Round Ripple

I am on my second Round Ripple from Aggie Mae. I was wondering what size hook people are using with Red Heart Super Saver? Mine is puckering a tiny bit in the center. The first Round Ripple I used an H hook throughout because I like my afghans a little sturdier. The second one I used an I hook for the first 6 rows then changed to the H hook. This one is much better but I decided to ask the experts for their opinion for the 3rd one. Everyone is right - these are addicting! Thank you again, Aggie Mae, for sharing with so many of us:hug. Do you ever wonder how many of "your" afghans have been made?

I am on my second Round Ripple from Aggie Mae. I was wondering what size hook people are using with Red Heart Super Saver? Mine is puckering a tiny bit in the center. The first Round Ripple I used an H hook throughout because I like my afghans a little sturdier. The second one I used an I hook for the first 6 rows then changed to the H hook. This one is much better but I decided to ask the experts for their opinion for the 3rd one. Everyone is right - these are addicting! Thank you again, Aggie Mae, for sharing with so many of us:hug. Do you ever wonder how many of "your" afghans have been made?

I ran into this problem with the round ripple that I made, and the suggestions that I got to straighten it out worked like a charm! When you get to the point where it starts to ruffle or pucker, instead of doing 2dc, ch2, 2dc in each of the increases, on every other row just do 1dc, ch2, 1dc and that will keep it laying flat.

The problem that I have with the round ripples is that, when crocheting the zig zags, there never seems to be the same amount of room going UP the zig as there is coming DOWN the zag!! I always end up having to do a DC in either the very last DC loop before you get to the ch2 loop, or the very first little tiny DC loop coming OUT of the ch2 loop! If you don't do it that way, then the little line of spaces that form the valley don't line up correctly and it doesn't look right! In fact, I started another RR the other night and quickly abandoned the idea and decided to just do a flat ripple instead because it was happening again, and I couldn't be bothered messing with the thing because I have so many things to get done for Christmas at this point, I don't have the time to mess with it.

Elle

I have found with these round ripples--I have to count. When I go up and when I go down!!:lol Also, when making these round ripples, two rows have the 2dc ch2 2dc then I do a row of just 1 dc ch2 1 dc, then repeat with 2 rows of 2dc ch2 dc2 and 1 row with 1dc ch2 1dc. Anyhoo, that's the way I do mine. Plus the last two RR's, I have been using Aggie Mae's pattern. Which is great and easy to follow!!:clap

Archived