Expert Village

crochetingtakesguts

Has anyone tried the videos on expert village. I have viewded most of them as they are free. I do not recommend the Martha McCue set as they are minimal. She starts with an intro video as the others do. Does a demo of the basic stitches including half treble in crochet thread and a lace hook and also does an explaination of patterns and where to get them. She features a demo of making a doily in three parts and how to do a doll dress.

The Sue Gillman set is on how to make an afghan and she has another set on making fringe. The afghan is a shell stitch afghan done in acrylic yarn. It is a nice afghan and her instructions are row by row. My only problem is she calls double crochet the "double chain".

I love the Beth Essington ones. She takes you through all the basic stitches on a small swatch done in multicolored bright yarn and is done with a perspective view. She goes over hook types and tons of different yarn types. She also gives advice on purses,squares,shawls, and squares and scarfs her instructions are clear and concises and I love her videos the most.

• 9 months later...

Yeah, I watched a couple of hers and thought...well...I don't know :lol.

It's obvious that she knows how to crochet and is quite proficent at it, but she also keeps calling it a "needle" instead of a hook, and when she's using yarn, she calls it "thread."

Some of the other ones are bit more informative.

Anyway, I love watching crochet videos. I think it's fun to watch other people crochet.

:crocheting

Archived