Doily Help!

Kimberly

Question

Hello! I am trying my hand at making a doily. I've been doing great (or at least I have been in my mind) until I came to the last two rows of the pattern - I think that there may be some missing instuctions! :eek

The pattern is: http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~crochet/doily1.html

The part that I am having problems :think with is as follows:

Rnd 10: sl st to ch1 space, ch 7, * trc, ch 3**

Rep from * to **, join

I am assuming that the above trc's were to be done into the trc from the previous row??? This is what I did, but just asking for some confirmation :-)

Rnd 11: First triangle,

* triangle, ch 6 **

Rep from * to **, join

Now this is the row that I am stuck on! The instuctions for the "Triangle" is as follows:

Triangle: Trc in trc but keep last two loops on hook,

Trc in same st but keep last 3 loops on hook,

Trc in next trc but keep 4 loops on hook,

Trc in same st and close through all the loops.

( 4 trc together: 2 groups of 2 trc forming an upside down V)

Once I have completed the first triangle and go to start the next triangle, do I start it in the current TRC that I worked the end of the previous Triangle? Or do I move to the next TRC space? :think And what about the First Triangle - it says to exchange the first TRC for a CH 4, but that only leaves one loop on hook...do I keep going on the first triangle with one loop missing? :think

Thanks!!

3 answers to this question

I glanced at the pattern and looked at the photo, and it looks to me that on rnd 10, you will slip stich to the first ch 1 sp, then ch 7 (this will count as the first treble plus ch 3. Then, you'll ch 3 and tr in the next ch 1 sp, then ch 3 and tr in the next ch 1 sp all around, ending sl st in the 3rd ch of the orginal ch 7.

The triangles on rnd 11 are really made up of a 4 treble cluster meaning that you are crocheting 4 trebles, but you keep the lase loop on the hook for each of them, then you draw though all the loops on the hook (five of them) forming a cluster.

I guess I would have called the stitch a 4 tr cluster (4tr cl) instead of a triangle.

You are right. The first triangle is a little different. Ch 4, then do a 3tr cluster. In this case the first ch 4 is acting as one of the trebles.

The instructions state to work the triangles in the trebles from the previous row. I would start the first triangle in the top of the ch 4, but maybe there should be a ch 6 before doing the next triangle the next tr.

Then triangle, ch 6 all the way around ending slip stitch in the top of the beginning ch 4.

Gee I hope this makes sense:) .

Thanks for the input Vera. I think that I understand the pattern now, but just in case I am having a blonde moment today, what this thing should look like as I am doing it is...

Join previous row & chain four.

Trc in the same space, leaving the top of the chain four loop on the hook plus one loop from the second Trc.

Trc in the NEXT Trc from the previous row, leaving another loop and on the final Trc I pull the last loop through all 3 of the previous row, chain 6 and then start the next Trc in the same space?

So in each Trc from the previous row there will be 2 Trc, Ch 6, 2 Trc?

Hi,

I'm assuming you mean rnd 11.

After you join from rnd 10, ch 4 and make a 3tr cl in the top of the 4 ch from the ch 7 of the prevous rnd. This is the same as making the beginning triangle.

Then, ch 6 and make a 4tr cl in the next tr. This is the same as making a triangle.

The continue to ch 6 and make a triangle in each tr around, ending ch 6 and sl stitch in the to ch of the begiing ch 4 and you're done.

Let me know if you have further questions and be sure to show off the doily when it's done.

Archived