Just a request for a gentle kick in the pants

Okay, one of the little girls I crochet for is waiting patiently for her three piece winter set. We have the honeycomb scarf and one mitten. I tried three times to make another mitten the same and I have no clue why I can't. So I tried pattern number two! Same problem.

I am now trying a third pattern or at least am going to try. Since I am typing on here I am obviously not crocheting. :lol My Mom's solution is simple, tell her you just couldn't do it, make the hat and send away. Okay, fine.

However, she has been trying to wear her baby sister's puppy paw mittens waiting for her Shellie pair! How can I tell that adorable little girl that Mommy needs to just buy her a pair??? Mind you, its not a money issue.

Why is there not a simple pattern out there that you DON'T have to sew together at the end and no matter how hard you try both mittens are going to end up looking the same?

ARGH!!!!!!!!! I can't disappoint her, she thinks when it comes to crochet that I invented it! Wish me luck with pattern three because I am slowly going nuts. :think

Have you tried the mittens that go together in one piece? They are the only mittens that don't give me fits.

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/bevs-marvelous-mitts.html

I have been making them for about 17 yrs. They are great because you can make them for toddlers all the way up to adults. Even my 17 yr old likes them.

Smiles,

Kidge

Ugh, I give in. lol I will go for the Bev mittens since its the popular choice and just suck it up while I sew. I just hate sewing! :lol:

I do have this pattern I found, I'll give it a try first since I already printed it. At this point I don't care about doing anything fancy with her set, I just would like to get it done!

Archived