Timmonsville, SC-Ovis Hill Farm Fall Festival

Angeleyz14

I'm cutting and pasting the email I received from Charlie. They will have spinners, weavers and dyers. Never been only know they are an organic farm and deliver to the Yoga Room every other week here in Myrtle Beach. I am unable to go, but thought it might be of interest to others in the area.

Ovis Hill Farm/Naturally Outdoors Farmers Market

WEATHER UPDATE

FESTIVAL WEEKEND

The Second Saturday

The Market is at the Festival

Ample Parking & Entrance Free for Market

Come visit us Saturday 10/27/07 at

The Fall Farm Festival!!!

Ovis Hill Farm

1501 Weaver St., Timmonsville, SC 29161

10 AM to 4 PM

IN BRIEF: The Festival and our Farmers Market with the products from our farm network will be held rain or shine! We are blessed with rain which may still be with us Saturday. Our best guess from the reports is that it probably won’t be raining all day and we will do our best to work around the awesome rain. We have canopies, tents, and a spacious barn for most activities so please come on out and help celebrate the weather!

The sheep shearer, fiber artists (spinners, weavers, and dyers), and volunteers traveled far and have complex schedules. In this day and age it is difficult to find artists and artisans with their skill and knowledge and they need to be treasured while they are available. Our regular Farmer’s Market customers depend on us so we will be there for them.

Cold storage will be available for purchases if you visit the festival if you wish to shop first. It is still a good time to at least preorder the milk (actually this week we have lots of white milk – sorry still no chocolate and buttermilk - and eggs as preorders will receive priority.

Please do not hesitate to call with questions.

DIRECTIONS: ABOUT 15 MINUTES FROM NATURALLY OUTDOORS

From Naturally Outdoors: Go out Palmetto, US 76, into Timmonsville (pass the Hardees) to the stop light. Turn right onto SC 403 and continue out of town. Pass the Darlington County line sign, turn left on the first paved road to left (East St. Paul), turn right on the first paved road to right (Weaver St) and farm entrance will be about 1 mile on left and is well marked with sign. On festival day, look for directional signs as you near farm.

From Florence five points area: I-20 W toward Columbia, Exit # 137 Timmonsville

Turn Left onto Hwy 340, Turn left at “T” intersection onto Hwy 403, Make first right onto E. St. Paul, Make first right onto Weaver St., Look for sign to Ovis Hill Farm at 1501 Weaver St

From Myrtle Beach: Go through Florence and go west out of town on I-20 and use directions for Florence five points area.

Website has map and please do not hesitate to call 843-992-9447 (my cell) or 843-346-3646 (rings in store) for assistance.

7th ANNUAL FALL FAMILY FARM FESTIVAL: Ovis Hill Farm and friends will host the second Saturday of our Fall Farm Festival on October 27. The first Saturday of our Fall Festival was awesome! It was a beautiful day and with many happy people. Market customers easily found an even more abundant market and new festival guests had an opportunity try us out. The weather is slightly uncertain with a forecast for a slight possibility of rain but cooler temperatures. We pray for the rains to pass through earlier in the week. There will be animals to visit, crafts, games, border collie demonstrations, hay rides, and good food to eat. The Festival will once again be a fund raiser for local church groups (more info later) as well as Heifer International. For those two special Saturdays, the Florence Farmers Market will be on the farm (about a 15 minute drive from Naturally Outdoors) and not at Naturally Outdoors. Please plan to attend and please bring lots of friends

MARKET PRODUCTS: Our networks supply of seasonal local organic vegetables, grass fed and pasture raised milk, lamb, beef, free range chicken, eggs, butter, cheeses, bakery products, grains, canned goods, coffee by cup and bag, natural soaps and lotions, and more. Plus since we are on the farm, the farm store has our yarns, natural color and naturally hand dyed and other artistic products from local artist as well as larger supply of lamb, beef, cheeses and a few other things!

Please do not hesitate to call with questions.

Charlie Caldwell

Ovis Hill Farm

1501 Weaver St.

Timmonsville, SC 29161

www.ovishillfarm.com

843-992-9447

Archived