New Books thanks to the Aussie Dollar!

I'm beside myself with happiness at the moment. :c9 A few weeks ago, the Aussie dollar got as high as 92c US, so I decided to leap on the occassion and order a couple of books from Amazon.com that I'd been lusting after!

I got "The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs" by Lina P. Schapper as well as "200 Ripple Patterns" by Jan Eaton. Both books are ones I've been wanting for so long, but couldn't get in Australia, and normally, at the normal going rate of 75cUS to our $1, I couldn't afford to lash out from overseas.

But I did this time! I got those books, plus a sweatshirt that says "I'd Rather be Crocheting" although the shirt hasn't come yet.

I'm a bit disappointed that the postage cost me $47 US dollars, but oh well, it was worth it! These books look amazing and I've only flipped through them so far. I can't wait to try these stitches out.:clap :clap :cheer

The US$ is as weak as it has ever been. It's discouraging because I like to buy Steiff on the German eBay. But one euro is now $1.42. When euros were first introduced, one euro = US 85 cents. The Canadian dollar has remained strong as has the AUD and British pound, so it's a great time for everyone to take advantage of U.S. products.

Archived