Cardigan Anyone?

greeneggs

Recently I found this pattern at http://www.christinascrochethaven.com/mystic_bella_plus_size_cardigan.htm and really liked it. The pattern is plus sized (3x to 4x I believe) and so far it is going very well. I started on it last week and am already more than half done with the back (I'll post a photo this evening when I am not at work :devil ). It is a very simple pattern using a V-stitch but I substituted some Red Heart basic black yarn that I had in my stash.

I like it and thought I'd share it with everyone.

Happy :hook ,

Jennifer

I'm in - I was looking for a simple cardi pattern, as I need to make something lightweight to wear to work over my new fashion accessory - the noble back support.

And I have a ton of Evita I've been wanting to use - I have a skein of Sinfonia each in a light yellow, and a lime green, both of which just happen to be in the Evita.

I'm a L-1X, but I bet I can adjust the pattern to fit me, since it's all rectangles. I wish I could find my "N" hook, but if not, I'll use an "L" or a "P", depending on what the yarn seems to need. I can also make it short sleeve - I think it's versatile enough for that (you have to understand, I'm, like, THE MOST hot-natured person on the planet!):sun

It is a very lightweight sweater which is perfect for the office and for the mild winters in central Florida. I am using my J hook and you are right about the pattern being an easy fit since it is just simple rectangles.

I was all set to go and excited thinking I'll get this done very soon and then I saw the Van Gogh thread...oy vay! I am trying desperately to restrain myself and come back when I am done with this cardigan at least!!

It is a very lightweight sweater which is perfect for the office and for the mild winters in central Florida. I am using my J hook and you are right about the pattern being an easy fit since it is just simple rectangles.

I was all set to go and excited thinking I'll get this done very soon and then I saw the Van Gogh thread...oy vay! I am trying desperately to restrain myself and come back when I am done with this cardigan at least!!

Congratulations!!!

You have discovered the evil secret of The Ville!:devil

The Crochet Alongs are designed to make you completely addicted and keep you coming back - all the time. :wlol

Most of us just go with that addiction... much easier and much more fun. :yay

Congratulations!!!

You have discovered the evil secret of The Ville!:devil

The Crochet Alongs are designed to make you completely addicted and keep you coming back - all the time. :wlol

Most of us just go with that addiction... much easier and much more fun. :yay

I have given into the addiction, I admit I have a problem and am totally powerless to stop it. Should anyone try to stop me I'll sic my chihuahua on them!!

:yes

I've got the back & the two front panels done.

I used a "P" hook, 1 strand each Evita & Sinfonia, started with a chain 36 on the back & a chain 18 on the fronts, and it went 23 rows for the length.

I should be able to post pix tomorrow.

Sorry for the lack of posting, I pulled a muscle in my back and have been feeling rather icky. I keep telling myself it will get better soon...but 10 days of no change is not 'soon' anymore! I hate going to the doctor to boot. My reasoning is why spend money on a co-pay when I can buy yarn! Perish the thought!!!!

I am very happy to report I am almost done with my cardigan :cheer ! Sadly though I am not very happy with it :( . Not sure why but it just isn't me :think ! Still love the pattern and honestly, I think it would have worked better had I chosen a softer yarn (like the Caron yarn the author spoke of!) and am going to do it again soon.

I'll post pictures soon!

Archived