Got 2 New Crochet Books Today!

2020kitten

:jumpyayI went with hubby & kid to Books A Million to meet step-kids & grand for coffee - HAD to look for new crochet books to add to collection. (Well, resistance was futile.:D)

Leisure Arts/Darla Sims: 280 Crochet Shell Patterns

And most especially, Ruthie Marks' Geometrics: A New Way to Crochet

I think they will both be helpful in my design work. And the graphics are just unbelievable, in the second book. I'm a closet math geek and I truly enjoy the math elements of crochet design.

Can't wait to get started on the Labyrinth wall hanging, or the Golden Ratio Summer Wall Hanging.

To me, I think it will be worth the money - I want to start designing my own projects and the shells are so versatile!:D

Have you seen it online, or actually gone to a bookstore & looked through it? I think that's the best way to decide.

I decided I'd rather have a book on technique, rather than a book of straight patterns. Because I can adapt the shells to what I want to do.

If you've liked and used to 63 Squares series of afghan blocks, you'd probably really enjoy this.

Let me know if you decide to get it. May be the start of a CAL!:lol (Like, pick "x" number of stitches & do a pattern rep in each stitch for an afghan or a bag.)

Wow, you're so lucky! :) I was at a bookstore a few weeks ago and saw a copy of the Shells Patterns. It's very nice & interesting and I'd love to buy it, but didn't bring enough money with me that day. When I came back to buy it, it's already gone :(

Archived