help with circular needles

alchemyfyr

I use circular needles often when I knit. I always have a problem when I have to use the connector to connect two lengths of the cable..... I can almost never twist them together so they lay in a perfect circle. Instead of them curving the right way, they twist in opposite directions. The plastic cable is not the problem, it's the metal connectors that twist in opposite directions. Only once in a great while does it work out the right way. Do you know what I'm trying to say and how to get it correct each time? Thanks!!!

Are you using the Boye interchangable circulars? I've never used them but heard that the connections can be cranky and hard to manage. I have a Denise set and have never had problems with it. The only advice I can think of is to try adjusting the connection so it fits together more smoothly, but sounds like that isn't working very well for you. Sorry I can't be of more help.

I have never used the interchangeable needles, but I've used lots of other brands, and even with the most expensive ones, I find the cable always kinks.

Then I bought a KnitPicks circular needle, which has a much finer cable, and it was perfect - no twisting, and a joy to use.

They make aan interchangeable set as well, if you are buying new ones, I'd try those.

It does seem to be the cable that makes the difference.

I believe they are Boye interchangeables.... there's nothing with the name on it. It is in a little brown zippered case.

The cables are not twisting....it's the metal connector pieces when I have to put two lengths together. One metal piece bends so the needle points up and then the other zig zags so the needle points down. So then when I knit, the project has a hard time flowing over them nicely.

Archived