Poncho Sizing Site Down

truelove730

I found this morning that the site for Rectangle Poncho Sizing is down. I copied it into a word document so I could reference it for future use. Here is the text and below is the link for the jpg.

"Measurements for Ponchos made with 2 Rectangles

Page Revised 11/26/2004 (http://members.aol.com/JSchlossma/ponm.html)

Here is the revised version finally. I’ve taken all the feedback I’ve received so far and redid all the graphs. Mind now; these are just figures I’ve `guesstimated` and haven't tried yet. I am hoping I’ll get more feedback and will continue to update the measurements as the feedback comes in. So please check out the measurements you need before investing a lot of money on yarn. I will update the charts whenever I get new feedback as to the sizes.

You could probably use these measurements for knitting and looming too - but please make your knitted is gauge based on a 4" by 4" square as I`ve used square graph paper and not knitting graph paper for these charts.

I would appreciate feedback from all who are adventurous enough to try out these specs. Anything helpful will be posted here for all to share. I have no little ones small enough here to model for me. (The grandkids are all teenagers now and until new ones come along I just have to guess at it :-)

Have fun - experiment with different hook sizes and yarns. Make gauge swatches about 5" x 5". Then measure off to see how many stitches and rows you need for 4". Multiply that number by the amount of blocks in the graph to find your gauge. *For instance for the toddler size. If your gauge is 10 stitches per 4" (1 block); that would be 50 stitches wide (10 x 5 blocks). And for instance if you get 9 rows per 4" block that would be 18 rows high (9 x 2 blocks).*

Generally the width of the rectangle turns out to be the width of the finished poncho at the widest point. And the height is the length from the neck line on down the arm. So you will want to measure from where ever you want the neckline to start on down the shoulder and arm to the length you want the poncho to be.

Any ponchos you design based on these measurements (as long as they are not based on one of my patterns) are your designs; I claim no copyrights to them; so feel free to use them for yourself. :-)"

Rectangle Poncho Sizing Guide (Does not show up clear on internet - save to your computer and open - it should be legible).

Archived