metric conversion help please!

KLO

Question

I am trying this pattern http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=103&d_id=40〈=en and after some previous discussion on it from another poster it's going just fine, I wrote the pattern out in American terms. BUT it tells you to continue in pattern until it measures approx. 22 cm in diameter at one place then 30 cm in diameter at another. This is where I need help, how big around is this? HELP!!!!

6 answers to this question

You don't really need to convert the metric to inches - just turn your measuring tape over and use the metric side. Measure your crocheted item using the metric side of your measuring tape, then compare it to the metric measurements in the pattern. Flip the tape over to the other side, and you'll see what the inches are. No need to convert - the math is all there on your measuring tape!

If you're making a garment, you can also measure your own body with the metric side and compare that to the pattern measurements to check fit.

Would you believe I had never looked at the back side of my measuring tape! Bad part of this is that I have been sewing for most of my life and crocheting for over 25 years. Shame on me!

Thank you so much for teaching this ol' girl a new trick!

Archived