My friendly neighborhood Walmart :)

Knit Happens

So I've been there twice since it opened, and somehow never managed to go through the craft section. I visited it today tho, and the funny thing is, my husband came with me, and we parted with 2 separate carts. He found me in the craft section and said "I knew I'd find you here". Honestly, it was the absolute last reason I went there today. They had plenty of yarn and fabric, also sewing machnes and patterns.The thing I liked best? WOW, the notions and findings. Lots of novelty buttons, charms, beads, trimmings, emblems. Lovely. My daughter asked me to make her a flapper outfit for Halloween and I wondered where I'd get the supplies since Rag Shop closed. Walmart to the rescue...they have some lovely black and gold thick ribbon trim for the shoulder straps, strip fringe in 3 colors and the fabric. It was even nicer than shopping at Michael's and AC Moore! I asked the clerk if they planned to close that department and she said the plan was in 2 years, but if it continued to have good sales, they would probably keep it. Yay.

Archived