Need help w/ Care Wear burial gown pattern

Julia from NorCal

Question

I've been working on the Care Wear basic preemie burial gown pattern (it's also on their website). I just realized that I am not working with 6oz of yarn which is what their pattern book calls for. Wondering if I have to make the gown 15" long or if I can make it shorter since I will be short on the yarn. Also can I create ruffle sleeves instead of the long sleeves? This is the first pattern I've made of this type and I like the results so far. This gown will be donated to a hospital but I still want the end product to be something really wonderful. Maybe I'm not reading the ounce requirements correctly.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Cheerio,

Julia

FYI: I'm using Bernat Baby Softee Yarn in pale blue and using an H hook. I have another skein in mint green.

4 answers to this question

i think they would love anything that you do , i say if you make it shorter and you are proud of it then go ahead and donate it to them , as long as you are happy with your work that you accojmplished that's all that matter's. i'm sure they would appreciate anything you give them

;)

Tanya

I can fiddle with the pattern but since this is the first garment I have made of this type (I typically make hats) so I'm not sure how the results will be. I figured with all the crocheting in this venue someone might have done a similar type garment. The bodice is complete and I just need to make the skirt section. I have made the gown with an open back. There is about 10 inches left to be done in length. I also need to do the sleeves and the ruffled collar. :(

Archived