is Crochenit / double-hook crochet warmer?

jess315

Question

ok, i need to ask what i think may be obvious, just to get confirmation.

do all Crochetnit / double-hook patterns have a double layer of fabric, or does it just look that way or does it just depend on what pattern stitch is used?

i kinda sorta wanna start exploring this but i live in the desert. i'm thinking hot pads only if it makes double-layered fabric.

Please let me know what you think about this style, and also any posted pics of stuff you've made with the double-ended hook method would be awesome. How have you used it, do you like it?

Thanks gang! -jess

2 answers to this question

Crochenit, if used with a size M crochenit hook, is pretty loose. And, it doesn't produce a double weight project. It just looks that way since it's predominantly one color on one side and one color on the other, unless you use the same color for both balls of yarn.

Any Tunisian project, with either the one ended hook or the double-ended hook has the capacity to be REALLY WARM, if you use a small hook. These projects are very suitable for potholders, but you still have to double them and stitch them together in the end. However, I've used a K hook with Size 3 yarn (TLC baby yarn) and it came out very airy (more like a knit fabric than a crochet fabric). And, of course, there are lacier stitches in Tunisian as well, which produce lacy projects.

So, in answer to your question, it all depends on the stitch pattern chosen, the size of hook and the size of yarn to be able to get the project suitable for your climate.

Examples of lacy Tunisian work. These are done with the one-ended hook, but similar results are possible with the double-ended hook.

Erica1.jpg

lace2.jpg

BasketLace2.jpg

Archived