Peaches & Cream Afghan CAL

lucie

Jesse, that's a great idea to get started now and just leave the edging to do...

Pam...very pretty!!! And I agree, the cotton tots is sooooo soft - I haven;t bought any yet, but I keep petting it when I see it in the store:lol

Very pretty blankets:clap

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pam your blankets are so pretty!:cheer Congratulations! Don't you just love working with cotton!

Jessecat, We'd love to see your granny-in-the-middle when it's done. Everyone's work is inspirational! Keep it up!:yay

OK, finally got pics of my latest Peaches & Cream Afghan

newport1.jpg

newport2.jpg

I am SO glad this one is finished!:yay

just wandering around and saw this afghan, I don't even know what peaches and cream is, but I want to tell you that is one of the most beautiful afghans I have ever seen. :clap

hello uboo64! Thanks for the compliment! Peaches & Cream is worsted weight cotton yarn made by a company called Elmore-Pisgah. They are located in beautiful North Carolina, but you can order online and at some retail stores. P&C isn't the only cotton yarn manufacturer, of course, but I like their yarn, it comes in over 100 colors and ombres, it's very affordable when purchased by the 1000yd cone, and it wears very well. Need I say more?

I really liked that afghan when I finished it, and I'm proud of the work. But I've seen afghans posted in Show and Tell that left me speechless. Words didn't seem to do justice. I'm so proud of the wonderful work that folks here at the 'ville do.

WOW! All you guys did a wonderful job on your ghans. They are absolutely gorgeous!

I was in the Circle of Friends CAL along with judianne (Judy) and losingmymind2 (Kathy) and now I have 23 100% cotton dishcloths made by about 15-17 different crocheters. Some are smaller than the others and some are circular. I know it's going to be a real challenge putting these together into an afghan and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure I can accomplish this! Plus I don't know when I'll get around to it. So for now it is a WIM, I guess. I don't think I can call it a WIP yet.

But I just wanted to stop in to say that you all did a marvelous job! Is anyone still working on theirs?

:manyheart:hug

Wow, these ghans are so pretty! I've been contemplating doing a cotton ghan because I too live in the hot humid deep South and have lots of PnC/SnC lying around. I might do the Bella Dia Vintage blanket (on another CAL) in cotton. It will be fun, practical, and may help me destash. I like the idea of rolling a die to determine the next color.

Archived