Shih Tzu Sweaters

Leanne

Question

Hey everyone!

My sister is getting a Shih Tzu dog at the end of April so I'm in search of a sweater pattern. I'd like to make it and have it ready as a surprise gift when she gets her dog. I've found a dog sweater on the net but I was wondering if anyone knew of a pattern that would specifically fit an average-sized Shih Tzu or similar sized dog.

The problem is I can't measure it to fit the dog so that's why I'm searching for one that'll be close in size for that type of dog.

Has anyone made one that they can recommend?

Thanks in advance! ;)

2 answers to this question

Hey everyone!

My sister is getting a Shih Tzu dog at the end of April so I'm in search of a sweater pattern. I'd like to make it and have it ready as a surprise gift when she gets her dog. I've found a dog sweater on the net but I was wondering if anyone knew of a pattern that would specifically fit an average-sized Shih Tzu or similar sized dog.

The problem is I can't measure it to fit the dog so that's why I'm searching for one that'll be close in size for that type of dog.

Has anyone made one that they can recommend?

Thanks in advance! ;)

Like my avatar, Leanne???? That's my 10 month old Shih Tzu, Dustmop (aka Dusty). He's modeling a sweater I made for my sister's toy poodle but he liked it so much I had to make my sister's poodle another. The pattern can be found at:

http://www.crochetnmore.com/dogsweater.htm

The pattern is true to size without smooching his hair (Shih Tzu's have lots of hair, Dusty is not even half as big as he appears, he's all hair). It's a very easy & quick pattern as well.

Congratulations to your sister! She's going to love her baby. Shih Tzu's are very smart & loving. :dog

I love your avatar - your doggy is so cute! His sweater looks perfect!

Thanks so much for the link...I'll try that. My sister is so excited...she can't wait to get her shih tzu! I told her I'd babysit! :lol

Archived