Edgerydoo

Hi everyone, I am a new crocheter. I have never done this in my life.

A friend of mine was crocheting around a fleece blanket and was showing me how she did it. She had ordered an Edgerydoo to get the holes in the fleece and edges neat and rounded. Then she did a single crochet in the holes and then did a cool stitch. I was amazed and said I know I can do that. I did it with her help and loving guidance and now I am making the most beautiful blankets.

Ladies this has opened up a new world for me. I am thinking Christmas presents. I am shopping fleece sales, cutting coupons and having so much fun matching colors to the fleece.

I went to their website and I am amazed what you ladies have done.. Holy Cow!!!!!! Since I am truly a beginner the Edgerydoo is the best thing since sliced bread. If I can do it anyone can that is for darn sure. I am having so much fun.

My friend also ordered the squares with the holes in it and she is working on a quilt with 8 inch sqaures of fleece. That is my next project.

I tell ya all I am hooked. I love this Edgerdoo. Now in the evening I am creating beautiful blankets.

As I was looking over the site I can say there are some really talented people and patterns out there. Heaven only knows where this will take me but I am having a ball.

Rusty

Hi Rusty!

I too am a HUGE fan of Edgerydoo! I live in Florida where fleece is something way to hot to need, but I buy it like crazy to make charity projects and gifts! It's a great way to make fast projects, and I bet that as you get into more fancy edgings you'll want to do other types of crochet projects too!!

Was glad to see the thread about the Edgerydoo as I also purchased one,but I'm having trouble .....I think it is that the fleece is to thin, When I make the holes around the edge it makes the fleece tear and a bad looking place. I know there are different kinds of fleece,,,,Has anyone else had that problem.I really want to do it but don't like the way it looks..It doesn't really tare it just makes abigger hole than I want. Do you think it will be ok after it is washed? Thanks any suggestions???

Hi Meemaw - I've had problems with some fleece too, but it's alway worked out in the end.

For thinner fleece I try to make sure the holes aren't too close to the edge of the fabric. Sometimes I can't punch the holes through more than one layer because it slides and ends up too near the edge.

This so cool that I can talk to people who share my interest. It is giving me goose bumps. I was so exciting about the Edgerydoo and making blankets that I did not mention the trouble I had getting started. I kinda forgot about it.

Anyway I needed to get a board to punch the holes and sent my hubby to the store to get it for me. He brought it home and was willing to punch the holes for me. Yeah!! More time for me to crochet. Well he came upstairs and said this is not working. The fabric is moving around, the holes are not going through. Weird, is what I thought. So went down stairs and he was right. So I called my friend and said HELP. She came right over and the problem was he bought the wrong product. The instructions said specificially what to buy but he thought what he found was better. I was some foam thing. Anyway, back to the store and he bought what was recommended and low and behold it worked. Of course he was frustrated because he really thought what he bought originally was GREAT.

I of course could care less, I just wanted holes. It all worked out in the end for me. He of course has kept the foam that does not work and figures he will find something to do with it. God Bless the man.

Enough on my end I am going to go CROCHET.

I think that what is happening is that there are many types of foam. If the foam is not firm enough, the fabric is pulled into it with each punch. If you add a layer of corrugated cardboard over the top the problem disappears. The recommended foamboard is actually more the texture of cork and it is recommended because you can reuse it over and over and over again. However, a stack of corrugated cardboard about 1 to 1-1/2 inches thicks works fine also, you just can't reuse it as many times. I hope that this helps. And don't forget ceiling tiles. They work fine also.

Archived