Yarn Shops in Santa Fe, New Mexico

I'm heading out to New Mexico for vacation in a week or so and wanted to know if anyone here knew of or had information about the following yarn stores in Santa Fe.

Needle's Eye

839 Paseo de Peralta, Suite O

Oodles Yarn and Bead Gallery

411 W. Water Street

Santa Fe School of Weaving614 Paseo de Peralta (just north of Marcy St.)

Any info, suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks!

The only one of those I've been to is the Needle's Eye. It's a nice store.

I grew up in Santa Fe and hadn't been to this store in years (they were in another location then). Next time I'm up that way, which is fairly often, I'll check out Oodles. I live in Albuquerque now.

If you want good New Mexican Food, as opposed to what passes for good New Mexican food in Santa Fe these days, go to Tomasita's. It's in the Railyard District a little ways from the Plaza. Don't let long lines discourage you, they move people through at a good pace. The chile is hot, so get a sample before you order. A good breakfast place is Tia Sophia's, which is right off the Plaza across from the Lensic Theatre. I think it's on San Francisco Street. That's the problem with knowing the area by landmarks and not streets. It's hard to give directions! :think

Enjoy your trip to Santa Fe!!:)

Anna

Thanks so much for the info about the stores and the restaurants! :D

You mentioned the chilie and now my mouth is watering! I'm hoping to get a fun-labeled hot sauce as a souvenir.

We went to Santa Fe two years ago during Indian Market and had a blast! We're so looking forward to our return trip next weekend. I'm going to try and visit all three yarn stores there and post reviews on my blog. I'm hoping they'll let me take photos, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived