Clothing ?

monkeybabies

Question

Hello...

I am just starting to make wearables. I am curious to know how everyone learned how to sew seams together. Did you go online? It seems that a lot of directions do not go into how to sew the seams. Do you use thread or yarn? Maybe someone can help me and point me in the right direction.

Many thanks....

3 answers to this question

If the garment is made from thread, then you join with thread. If the garment is made from yarn, then join with yarn. I usually crochet seams together using either a slip stitch or single crochet. They can also be joined using a taperstry needle, yarn and a whip stitch, overcast stitch or any other minimally noticed stitch. Most patterns will suggest a method of joining, that you can use, or not as you prefer.

Hi,

With most crocheted clothes items I use a grafting method used usually in knitting. It gives a seam free look which isn't as bulky. You could try typing that into a search engine, to do you just use a needle and the yarn you are working with. Otherwise I sc blankets etc together. A whip stitch done loose only in the back loops works well too.

Hope this helps:yarn

Archived