"PINWHEELS" - Pattern in June 2007 Issue of Annie's Favorite Crochet

loopy1

Question

This pattern is on page 28 of the subject issue.

Anyone try to make this shrug? The pattern for the first motif is very confusing!

Someone will have to have the pattern for reference before I can even ask my question.

Is there anyway to get help from DMC on a pattern?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

My understanding is that you can contact Annie's Attic for help if it is confusing.

I have the magazine, so I could try to help if you let me know where the problem is.:hook

Hi Mary Jo!

I did contact someone and she was somewhat helpful but I wasn't satisfied with her answers.

I think it's weird that in Rnd 2, Step A, for the first extension, that you dc in 5th ch from hook. When you get back around to Rnd 3, it says to join with sl st in ch-3 sp at end of 1st extension. So, for Step A, I chained 10 and dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in next 3, 2 dc in next, dc in last 3. I still end up with 9 dc. I just don't know why that 1st dc has to have an extra ch2 in it.

Backtracking a bit, it doesn't tell you what to do with the 1st extension as far as slip stitching it to the 8th extension, which it seems you must do, so I have done that. I've made 2 motifs so far and working on the 3rd.

Other than that, I think the rest of it works out okay. I hope this makes sense. It seems to be working out okay. I'm one that just needs confirmation on stuff like this.

Thank you!

:manyheart:hug

Archived