need help understanding the stitch...

davesbaubie

Question

3 answers to this question

The pattern looks like you will be starting at the point of the triangle and then increasing to shape the piece. The first few rows are just making a little triangle out of single crochets. the v stitch is made up of a double triple, then 2 chain, then a double triple back into the stitch in which you did the first double triple. the pattern calls for you to skip 2 single crochet then make another v stitch in the next sc. On the v-stitch rows you have a chain 5 and a double triple to start the row and 2 double triples to end it; these form an edge for the row, sort of like a frame. You can actually see the stitches pretty well in the pictures, I think.

I do think a long stitch like a double triple can be challenging as it is a lot of yarn-overs to keep on the hook and keep track of. I would suggest you get some yarn of any type, and a hook size that is comfortable for you with that yarn, and just practice the stitches until you are comfortable with it--be prepared to rip it out and start over multiple times; just keep trying. If you don't feel you are "getting" the stitch, there is nothing wrong with setting it aside and doing something else for a while.

I hope this is a little bit of help.

Archived