knitting needles

Would anyone happen to have any extra knitting needles that they would just love to get rid of? I want to learn how to knit. I bought a couple pairs about a year ago but couldnt learn how visually so I gave them away. :( But I just got a video so that i can learn hands on with "somebody" showing me.

If not, I wont cry.

Nichole, if you're not choosy about the material, I have several pair I can send you. PM me your address and what size(s) you would most be interested in, and I'll get those out to you.

I've got a pair of pink aluminum #9 (I think that's the size), that are maybe 12 inches long. I got them because I too was learning to knit. But those suckers make me look like I'm doing the chicken dance when I try to use them, so they are welcome to join a new home where they'll be more appreciated. :) PM me if you're interested.

If I use straights, I like a shorter needle than 12", but I'm still very much a novice knitter. In my admittedly limited exerience I prefer good quality circulars. (Addis or KnitPics Options.)

I've tried the circular ones, and maybe it's just the ones that I have, but I find them hard to manage. What works for me so far are the double pointed ones of about a 6" length. I think I like them more because they make me feel like I'm crocheting. :lol

Archived