Can't Get Anything To Work!!

I decided to go in on a table at 2 craft fairs this fall with a good friend. The plan was to crochet items like scarves, purses, baby blankets, bath mits, etc. I have been trying to make scarves for the last few weeks and EVERYTHING I try doesn't turn out. My scarves are growing in width as I go. I know, I should count, but I have 2 boys 8 and 5 on summer break and an almost 9 month old girl. Erma Bomeck used to say that when her children got wild she would find a nice, safe play pen, and when they calmed down, she'd crawl out of it! That's me!! But I want so badly to do these craft fairs!! I'm going to switch gears, again, and try another pattern and another yarn. I might go onto the baby blankets as I have alot of luck with them. Thanks for listening! Carey:)

Try working on the difficult things which require more of your attention after you have put the young ones to bed.:c9 Peace will reignth and you will be able to concentrate better. I did that when my kids were little. It took a little longer but I got it done during a quieter time.:clap

Sometimes when you try too hard, things just don't work out the way you would like them too. Calm down, relax, take a deep breath and pretend like you are starting the day over......only on a good note. Don't stress out and try to keep calm when you are crocheting.....things may work out better that way.

I know that if I am tense, my stitches get too tight or I miscount or some other awful thing. Stay cool and have a glass of lemonade. Best wishes!

Archived