*Sc in next stitch, work 2sc tog, repeat from *

Crochet del Mar

Question

Hi Kiddos,

I am having a bit of trouble with creating the right amount of stitches on a particular pattern. Here's a quick rundown of the pattern:

Rnd 1 : 6sc in 2nd chain from hook. (Got it!).

Rnd 2 : 2sc in each sc around (Good to go!).

Rnd 3 : * Sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc, repeat from * around -- 18 sc. Work even for 1 round. (This is easy!).

Rnd 5 : Repeat Round 3 --- 27 sc. Work even for 15 rounds. (Okee dokee!).

Rounds 21-22 : *Sc in next sc, work 2sc tog, repeat from * around -- 12 scs. (Whaaaaaaaa!!!).

Round 21 is confusing me. I am decreasing properly (2sc tog means to decrease, right?); however, I believe I am not inserting my hook in the right stitches because I am not ending up with 12 stitches.

When I begin round 21, do I skip the VERY FIRST sc? For example, I am finishing up round 20, do I skip the first BEGINNING stitch of Round 21?

Also, after working 2sc tog, I then skip a sc, and sc in the next sc, correct? :think

The math seems so simple! I'm hoping my momentary lapse of reason is due to running a sub-fever (go with me on this one, please!). :yes

I will be so grateful for any insights! I came here FIRST 'cause I know you are the friendliest and most knowledgeable! :manyheart

Thank you so much!

Jill

Stix on the Beach: Tales From The Happy Hooker!

http://www.thehappyhooker.blogspot.com

2 answers to this question

Jill,

NO, according to round 21, you DO NOT skip any sc. You should sc in first sc, then yo, insert in next stitch, yo, insert in NEXT stitch (3rd sc), yo and pull through all loops. Then sc in the very next sc.

The count isn't off, either.

You go from 27 sc in row 20. For each group of 3 sc, you'll wind up with 2 at the end of round 21. 27 -> 18

Then in row 22, for every 3 sc, you'll wind up with 2 sc at the end of round 22. 18 -> 12 sc

The 12 is for after BOTH rounds.

Krystal, you are the greatest! :yay

I'm going to give it another try while reading your instructions.

Thank you so much! :hug

Archived