Mystery CAL~~ combined pattern writing?

I thought it might be fun if we can do a Mystery CAL that would involve all of us that join in write a pattern together.

I've been trying to find a bag pattern that I like (maybe something for my son, don't know about that yet) but then I had fun doing the Plarn bags (gotta love that term) that I'm at a loss.

Here is what I would love to do: I've started working on the bottom of a bag, and would like to see others join in by adding what they would want to do to the rest of the bag. The only catch is, we all need to be using the same materials and hook.

Now I only have time to crochet on the weekends, so at least I can kick this off.

The start of the bag:

I'm using Size 10 thread, 2 strands

US E hook

Stitch Markers

Using the Magic Ring (someone help me out with a link if we need it for those that don't know how to do it) ch2 and 10 HDC in loop, cinch tight, and join to 1st HDC (I don't count the ch 2 as a starting point)

1st round: 2 HDC in each Hdc around. Join

2nd round: 1 HDC in first HDC, 2 HDC in next. Repeat around

keep increasing around, like next rown would be 2hdc in next 2 sts, 2 hdc in next, then 3, then 4, ect until the bottom is as big as you would like it.

Note: by the time I got to 5HDC in between the increases, I was using stitch markers to show where I should be putting my increases at.

Now, who is next for the sides???

Archived