Crochet World mag anyone?

Darcy

Question

I have the Crochet World magazine "16 Super Summer Designs!" issue - June 2007.

On page 8 there is a pattern for a beginner (ha!) for "Girl's Flip-Flop sox" and

the only picture provided is of the finished item IN flip flops. In round 11 I am not sure I understand but pushed forward as I figured it may become obvious soon.

Then in round 12 I am totally confused and I don't have a clue. I suspect I am making the part that goes between the big toe and the next toe but still not sure where I am suppose to connect the ch15.

Are there ppl out there who actually have time to try and make this and take pictures of round 11 and 12? From there it's worked in rounds and my tiny brain should be able to take it from there.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

I have the Crochet World magazine "16 Super Summer Designs!" issue - June 2007.

On page 8 there is a pattern for a beginner (ha!) for "Girl's Flip-Flop sox" and

the only picture provided is of the finished item IN flip flops. In round 11 I am not sure I understand but pushed forward as I figured it may become obvious soon.

Then in round 12 I am totally confused and I don't have a clue. I suspect I am making the part that goes between the big toe and the next toe but still not sure where I am suppose to connect the ch15.

Are there ppl out there who actually have time to try and make this and take pictures of round 11 and 12? From there it's worked in rounds and my tiny brain should be able to take it from there.

Thanks!

Hi Darcy. That's my pattern. Sorry you're having problems with it. The first 10 (12) rows form the piece that goes between the toes. Rnd 11 (13) begins the foundation for the band that goes around the foot, just above the toe piece. It goes across the other end of the toe piece and forms the rest of the chain foundation. It connects to form a complete circle. Rnd 12 (14) is just saying to sc in each sc stitch and chain all the way around. At this point it will look a little like a miniature string bikini bottoms. Here's a picture to better show rnd 11 (13).

FlipFlopSoxCW.jpg

Please let me know if this still isn't clear.

Great... I managed to insult the person who wrote the pattern! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to be so snotty about it. I was actually trying to be funny.

I will try it again soon and see if I have better luck. Funny, I used the same color of yarn as you did in your example.

Archived