What can I do with this yarn?

I have some skeins of yarn - I can't find a photo of it. The name is Yarn Bee Playful. It is a thin thread type eyelash yarn - BUT it also has little "blobs" or picot type things every inch. There is also a metallic thread mixed in.

I have 2 skeins (440 yards total) and would like to make maybe a wrap or bolero - maybe a scarf. I think this would be really pretty for the holidays. I think an open simple type would show off the yarn better as I think the little blobs would certainly mess up a pattern which is supposed to show off the stitches. (I want to showcase the beauty of the yarn not the beauty of the stitches in the pattern.) Does this make sense? It can be a wrap or shawl or even something else - I'm open to suggestions!

It sounds like a very festive yarn!

I don't have any specific pattern suggestions, but try something with a lot of open mesh. I wouldn't do anything like the Sweet Pea Shawl, because the beauty of that pattern really is in the shells. If you want to be dressy, definitely do the bolero or the shawl.

Also, there is a really nifty cowl pattern on crochetme.com

http://www.crochetme.com/baby-it-s-cowled-outside

~ Joy

you could also try the half moon shawl at the lion brand website...i love it and it doesnt take too much yarn! (a little over two skeins of sugar and cream cotton, so not much at all)

Archived