Round ripple problems...

Tinks

Question

I've tried a couple of different RRs and I'm having a bit of an issue...

I am currently trying this one with the corrections on here to make it the 12 point star and not 24 lol

But I get to about round 5 and it says "skip 2"... well I can't... I can only skip one or I don't get the right amount of stitches in the next "point".... any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Anyone else come across this problem?:think

4 answers to this question

I've tried a couple of different RRs and I'm having a bit of an issue...

I am currently trying this one with the corrections on here to make it the 12 point star and not 24 lol

But I get to about round 5 and it says "skip 2"... well I can't... I can only skip one or I don't get the right amount of stitches in the next "point".... any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Anyone else come across this problem?:think

It sounds like you are missing the space for the first dc after your point.

rnd 5: sl st into next st, ch 3, * 2 dc , ch 2, 2 dc in the ch 2 space, 1 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 1 dc in next st. repeat from * around. join.

After you do the 2dc, ch2, 2dc, the 1dc goes immediately after the 2dc. Sometimes it is hard to see where the 1dc goes....you may need to push your second 2dc over a bit to see it.

Also, the space for the 1dc doesn't look exactly like the space for the other dc's. It is a bit smaller. At least mine are ;)

Hope that makes sense. If there is someone that can explain it better, jump right in :)

It sounds like you are missing the space for the first dc after your point.

rnd 5: sl st into next st, ch 3, * 2 dc , ch 2, 2 dc in the ch 2 space, 1 dc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 1 dc in next st. repeat from * around. join.

After you do the 2dc, ch2, 2dc, the 1dc goes immediately after the 2dc. Sometimes it is hard to see where the 1dc goes....you may need to push your second 2dc over a bit to see it.

Also, the space for the 1dc doesn't look exactly like the space for the other dc's. It is a bit smaller. At least mine are ;)

Hope that makes sense. If there is someone that can explain it better, jump right in :)

You're a genius, thankx !!!!!!!!!!!

You have no idea about how many times I got 5-6 rounds into a pattern and then stopped and frogged it all and then started again and again and again... I finally had enough and thought I'd ask for help and you got it first time! :D

Once I got over that hurdle I realised if I'd only asked sooner I could have finished the round ripple by now lol!!!!

Archived