I just have to say....

You are the most talented bunch of people.I see so many beautiful projects and I want to do them all!

I'm still struggling with reading patterns. I have the stitches down but I stillam not quite getting something cause I keep ending up with a blob that isn't what I was making.LOL!

I just finnished my first blanket it's ok,and I made a small hat it to is just ok to.

Thanks for keeping me inspired to keep trying.I'll get it eventually(Ihope).In the mean time I can pull apart really really fast lol!

Have a great day everyone.

Heatherkmnw

Heather, just take a pattern one stitch at a time, one row at a time, and beofre you know it, you'll be thinking in abbreviations! I started by re-writing the pattern with the stitch abbreviation written out, because I didn't know them either, and now I can read a pattern with ease.

And I hope you posted a photo of your first finished project--we love blankets! Patty

I just taught myself from a book, and now I'm making items without patterns to go from. I'm actually working on a set of jackets and hats for my friends Bichon Frise. I'll post them when I'm finished... it'll be a lil while... :D

I have to concur with the others :hook. I just learned to crochet just over 3 months ago and just started my forth afghan. The patterns confuse me at times too. I just read one line at a time (repeatedly it seems) and go from there. Before I know it, it makes sense and I'm not even looking at the instructions anymore. :clap That is before the next part of that pattern changes, hahaha :think:hook. I'm thinking in abbrevations now. :D

Archived