My crochet story...

So, you all tell me if I'm becoming one of those "scary yarn people"... I work for a school system and I went to the high school yesterday. The girl working in the office (I know her a little bit) had on a beautiful crochet shawl... teal green with multicolored crocheted roses scattered throughout (I think it was motifs, but not sure...) Anyway, so of course it caught my eye, and I said, "Oh, Kaitlyn, I LOVE your top! It's gorgeous!" and I hurry over to touch it and see if I can make any mental notes on the pattern for later use. THEN, I realize I probably should have asked permission first... duh... when she's kind of looking at me weird. So I said, "Oh, I crochet too..." and she's like, "Okay...":embar :embar

Sigh... I'm a scary yarn person with good intentions, anyway...

And I don't know anything about the pattern (that's the worst part of the story.

not a sacry yarn people at all. She just may have thought you were invading her personal space and you probably surprised her by touching her top. :) We all do this once in a while though. I usually try to get close to them and look to try figure it out and they just think I am staring.

Oh how funny! Now you ought to go back to her and ask to borrow it! That would freak her out for sure!

Just kidding! But later you might ask her about the pattern and she'll probably fill you in.

Archived