How to put together animal safety eyes??

This may be a REALLY dumb question, but I've done tons of internet searches and I can't find any instructions. I bought some of those lock washer eyes at JoAnn Fabrics the other day and I can't figure out how the white part is supposed to go on...can anyone help??

I am guessing you stick the black "screw" part through the fabric to the inside, but I don't know which side to put the white part on..."bowl" facing the top of the screw, or facing the pointy end. I've only managed to get it to fit on the very bottommost screw turn right near the point, and that doesn't seem very safe. Does it actually fit all the way to the top, near the eye part?

Thanks so much if anyone can help!!

That's not a dumb question, it took me forever to figure out how to use them. It depends on how you want the eye to look. But yes, you can put them all the way to the top. I find that I can't get the white part on unless I open the hole a little bit by sticking something in it. Some times I shave a little plastic off with my sissors.

You put the flat side up, the "bowl" side should face away from the eye. I usally put mine up to the next to last ridge before the top so the eyes don't look sunk in. It is just a matter of taste. The first few times I had to have my hubby put them on for me. You will get the hang of them. Good luck!!!

Archived