Gauge for sweater in Teach Yourself Visually Crocheting?

uplate6674

I'm learning to crochet from this book (it's awesome!). One thing I noticed is that there's no gauge information for the Cushy Webby Sweater, which I love. I tried finding errata online and didn't come up with anything.

Has anyone made this sweater? Or does anyone know if there's any gauge information out there?

Thanks!

Is that the book by Kim Werker? I bet you could go over to her website Crochetme and find a way to contact her. Or check the book and see if there is contact info in there. Good luck!

Hi! I am the co-author of TYV Crocheting, so glad you like it! I just cracked open the book and couldn't believe that a) the gauge isn't there and b) I never noticed it. I just grabbed the original from my laundry pile ( I wear it all the time) and got 9 sc to 4" / 7-8 sc stretched, 8 rows to 4" / 7 rows stretched. It's a great simple pattern that would be easy to fit a different gauge, yarn/ hook.

I hope it's not tacky for me to ask, but I'd love to know if you've made anything else from the book. I'd love to see pictures!

Cecily

Hi! I am the co-author of TYV Crocheting, so glad you like it! I just cracked open the book and couldn't believe that a) the gauge isn't there and b) I never noticed it. I just grabbed the original from my laundry pile ( I wear it all the time) and got 9 sc to 4" / 7-8 sc stretched, 8 rows to 4" / 7 rows stretched. It's a great simple pattern that would be easy to fit a different gauge, yarn/ hook.

I hope it's not tacky for me to ask, but I'd love to know if you've made anything else from the book. I'd love to see pictures!

Cecily

I haven't yet made anything else from the book. I'm brand new to crocheting and am working on the sampler scarf, which is my very first project. I'm having a hard time not adding extra stitches to the rows, so I'm going to wait until I have that down pat before I attempt the sweater.

Thanks for giving me the gauge info!

Archived